[MPlayer-dev-eng] pre8 is out

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 22:51:47 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 6/12/06, Jan Knutar <jknutar at nic.fi> wrote:
> On Monday 12 June 2006 23:19, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>
> > My solution is simple:
> > $ cat /etc/hosts
> > 213.144.138.186 mplayerhq.hu www.mplayerhq.hu
> >
> > and no problem of ill-maintained DNS entries...
>
> Though I guess this defeats the point of having mirros :)

but IMHO having broken mirrors (which are selected about 50% of time)
defeats the point of having mirrors.

A mirroring system is NOT a trade off between getting the correct
pages and getting 404 errors.
It's a trade off between having synced and unsynced pages!

However, I guess it's quite effective at ONE thing: getting less hits
and bw usage from main server.

Just IMHO.
And sorry for flaming

Guillaume
--
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."
 -- Winston Churchill