[MPlayer-dev-eng] pre8 is out

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 22:19:40 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 6/12/06, Ivo <ivop at euronet.nl> wrote:
> On Monday 12 June 2006 00:18, Roberto Togni wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > MPlayer 1.0pre8 is finally out
>
> There seems to be something wrong with www.mplayerhq.hu. Your (and Diego's)
> last news entries don't show up there. They do on www1 though.

Yes, the DNS round robin picks www2 about 50% of times, even though
it's badly out of sync, and even though Attila has been notified that
MAJOR issue several times over the past weeks

Don't ask me why the situation hasn't changed, I guess Attila has his reasons.

My solution is simple:
$ cat /etc/hosts
213.144.138.186 mplayerhq.hu www.mplayerhq.hu

and no problem of ill-maintained DNS entries...

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."
 -- Winston Churchill