[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [MPlayer-advusers] mpeg4 quarter size

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 18:40:32 CEST 2006

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 14:34:02 +0200
Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 06:19:05PM -0700, de sda wrote:
> > I have an olympus camera which takes mpeg4 movies.
> > When I attempt to play it in mplayer, it chooses the
> > wrong dimensions. It picks mov 320x240. It's an mpeg4
> > 640x480 (displayed in quicktime).
> >
> > I uploaded a sample file to:
> > /MPlayer/incoming/lametemp/P6040064.txt
> > /MPlayer/incoming/lametemp/P6040064a.MP4
>
> The file is now in our samples collection at
>
> http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/samples/mov/RQ004F14.MOV
>
> I've found the commit that causes this regression:

> r15570 | henry | 2005-05-25 18:29:53 +0200 (Wed, 25 May 2005) | 4
> lines Changed paths:
>    M /trunk/libmpcodecs/vd_ffmpeg.c
>
> quicktime fix update
> - check for existence of sh->ImageDesc instead of h263 fourcc
> - honor -lavdopts lowres

This patch fixed the video playback of some other camera, which
displayed too big image instead due to too large dimensions in the
video stream - the video was padded with large black borders and was
supposed to be cropped to the dimensions specified in qt's
bitmapinfoheader. I guess this one has the opposite problem - BIH is
wrong while the stream is right.

I don't know how to solve this issue for everyone except some hackish
option for vd_ffmpeg.

--
Jindrich Makovicka