[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] size of encoded file not continous parameter of 'vqscale'

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 15:21:24 CEST 2006

Hi,

Sorry, I don't usually like to flame....

On 6/9/06, Darko Veberic <darko.veberic at p-ng.si> wrote:
> Stefan Gehrer wrote:
> > As I said, the solution is to use rate control, which chooses a
> > quantizer for each frame.
> > http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-dvd-mpeg4.html#menc-feat-dvd-mpeg4-2pass
>
> thnx, this explains it. btw, your link and other docs links on the
> homepage return "404 not found".

<flame>

Yes, that's because the mirroring system is completely broken. Some,
if not all servers except the main server have outdated/no copy of the
web pages.

It's a known problem from day one of the deployment of the
mirroring/DNS round robbin system, which was deployed in an attempt to
save some of the main server bandwidth.... which has been a total
failure as now pretty much each time I try to access mplayerhq web
server, I hit 404 errors.

Ok, maybe I'm being impatient, but quite frankly I don't see any
reason why a sane person would deploy a mirroring system where the
majority of mirrors aren't synchronized...
Surely having ppl frequently hit 404 errors isn't sexy.
</flame>

So Please mirror owners, DO synchronize your mirror or what's the use
of mirroring 404 errors?

Guillaume
--
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."
 -- Winston Churchill