[MPlayer-dev-eng] iec958 and unichrome patches for MPlayer1.0pre8

Guillaume POIRIER docmaintainerwannabe at laposte.net
Sat Jul 29 16:32:17 CEST 2006

Hi,

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 05:20:44PM -0700, Remus Koos wrote:
>>   The second patch that I put together is the unichrome .5 patch. I basically
>> ported the 1.0pre6 unichrome patch.

Are you sure there weren't any patch for at least pre7?
I'm quite sure that there's been some more recent patches flying around
the mailing list. Please check the archives to spare yourself
un-necessary trouble.

> I compiled and tested mplayer with this
>> patch and it seems to work just fine. You have to compile mplayer with
>> '--enable-xxmc --with-xxmclib=viaXvMC' in order to enable this feature.
>>
>>   You can get the patch from here:
>> http://remus.gotdns.com/WebRoot$/the2nd/mplayer-1.0pre8-unichrome-0.5.patch
>
> version.h is included by mistake, there are some cosmetics in the patch,
> plus
>
>   #if defined(HAVE_XVMC)|defined(HAVE_XVMC_VLD)
>
> is incorrect syntax, use
>
>   #if defined(HAVE_XVMC) || defined(HAVE_XVMC_VLD)
>
> instead and yes, please also add the spaces, it makes it more readable.
>
> Dunno about the rest of the patch, Ivan should review it.  I remember
> that Guillaume was interested in Via xvmc support as well.

I don't have any hardware that can take advantage of these patches, yet
I figured that it would be good if these patches were merged because
they are valuable.
The problem is that their design doesn't fit quite too nicely with
MPlayer's, so it makes it quite hard to merge them properly (a bit the
same kinda problem as DVDnav patches).

Guillaume