[MPlayer-dev-eng] gl & distorted fisheye for dome projection: works good

Johannes Gajdosik johannes.gajdosik at gmx.at
Wed Jul 26 20:09:44 CEST 2006

Hello,

I use the newest svn version, and the new 16-bit-ppm feature of
-vo gl works good for me. Very important: my old 8-bit-ppm
index texture together with my old distort.fp fragment program
works as good as before. I also noticed that edgedetect.fp works again.

And also the new 16-bit version with window size (customtrect:rectangle=1)
works well.

Only the interpolation in the float image does not work on my
system: when the index texture has only 128x128 pixels, but the video has
720x576 pixels, then the resulting images consists of many tiny rectangles,
so that there is only an effective resolution of 128x128.
But I do not expect that my graphic card can do this.

I still use NVidia driver 1.0-6111 and I have again a FX5200.

Thank you for the explanations, support and new features.

Just one question: will you commit your new distort.fp
fragment program into svn, so that it can live there together with
edgedetect.fp?

If you are interested I can also give you the program with which I
generate the index texture for spheric mirror distortion.

Yours,

Johannes Gajdosik