[MPlayer-dev-eng] Question regarding BFrame problem with lavfmuxer.

DD DD d2ncal2 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 19:52:00 CEST 2006

On 7/25/06, Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at email.it> wrote:

> DD DD wrote:
> > I am trying to use mencoder to create flv files.
> >
> > I recently checked out the latest source tree (1.0 pre8), but realized
> > that
> > B-Frame support is broken in that, and get the
> > i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames message while
> > trying to
> > encode the video.
> >
> > This was the same error even in pre7. It works in a really old version
> of
> > mencoder that I have.
> >
> > Regarding this,
> > 1. Is there any workaround to create flv files using mencoder ?
>
> yes: avoid b-frames and enjoy the output stream
>

> --
> Email.it, the professional e-mail, gratis per te: http://www.email.it/f
>
> Sponsor:
> Crea il tuo sito web dinamico con PHP e MySQL - VideoCorso professionale
> direttamente nel tuo computer. Trucchi e segreti
> Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5142&d=25-7

Thanks Nico,
I am trying to understand the encoding stuff, so have all this questions..
would be great if they can be answered.

Does FLV use bframes at all ?
Is there an option that can be used to disable bframes in flv while encoding
? The max-bframe parameter is only for xvid.
The error says that it is broken for muxing, so is it okay to assume that
output will not be affected if input file has bframes (after disabling
bframes in output) ?

Thank you,
Dwdesai