[MPlayer-dev-eng] Question regarding BFrame problem with lavf muxer.

DD DD d2ncal2 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 11:56:19 CEST 2006

I am trying to use mencoder to create flv files.

I recently checked out the latest source tree (1.0 pre8), but realized that
B-Frame support is broken in that, and get the
i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames message while trying to
encode the video.

This was the same error even in pre7. It works in a really old version of
mencoder that I have.

Regarding this,
1. Is there any workaround to create flv files using mencoder ?
2. Is this problem being actively worked upon, and a solution planned in
recent future (like 1-2 months) ?
3. Is this a very difficult problem to solve ? I have a basic understanding
of video codecs, and decent familiarity with C, etc., so can help create a
patch if someone can provide some guidelines. I am quite new to mencoder.

Thanks!
Dwesai.