[MPlayer-dev-eng] [SILLY THOUGHT] Upcoming Release Schedule

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Jul 10 19:49:20 CEST 2006

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 03:15:06PM +0200, Guillaume Poirier wrote:

> As discussed at Linux Tag, Windows GUI and DVDNav patch are the next
> big chunks that are to be merged.
> Win GUI has been merged and it looks like ppl don't have problems with
> it (or simply don't use it).

BTW, maybe we can put up some binary builds up for download...

> DVDnav patch... well, things do not seem to go too fast for various
> reasons (mainly because the patch is big I suppose).

I think we're waiting for Attila to adapt his patches to Nico's
cleanups, they should become much simpler now.

> Then we have some other "yummy-yummy" features that are starting to
> shape up: VC-1 decoding and all the other SoC projects (AMR, AC3, AAC
> decoding). Now, what's our goal regarding what RC-1 should feature?

I don't think we should wait that long.  There are a few known
regressions surrounding Ogg files.  Once we manage to fix them we can
think about releasing.

Diego