[MPlayer-dev-eng] Use "svnversion" to determine working copy revision in version.sh

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sat Jul 8 21:38:53 CEST 2006

On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 16:27:33 -0300
Herbert Alexander Faleiros <herbert at faleiros.eti.br> wrote:

> On Saturday 08 July 2006 16:17, Loren Merritt wrote:
> [cut]
> > This has already been discussed and rejected. The reason we don't use
> > svnversion is that it is potentially slow.
[...]
> Ok, if this difference is critical...

Believe it or not, it is. the time svnversion takes depends
on the time it needs to access every file in the svn
repo and check it against its saved version in the .svn directory.
The first time i run svnversion it took nearly 30 seconds because
the repo was not in the file cache.

But i agree with Herbert, that the additional info
might be worth the time spend in gathering it.
At latest then, when we have to debug mplayer/ffmpeg
version missmatches.

BTW: i prefere the first patch, the second does things
i don't like.

				Attila Kinali
--
心をこめて聞け心をこめて話せ