[MPlayer-dev-eng] gl & distorted fisheye for dome projection

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Jul 8 21:33:53 CEST 2006

Hello,
On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 10:51:11PM +0200, Johannes Gajdosik wrote:
> I tried your new patch.
>
> 1) with my old 16bit/pixel ppm: No effect,
> the image is the same as when specify an inexisting texture.

Your card does not support the ARB extension, only the significantly
less powerful nVidia special-case extension.

> I wonder what is going wrong. I even used ARB_precision_hint_nicest because I
> have read ARB_precision_hint_fastest will make 16-bit-floats. No success.

That will probably make no real difference.
Update to latest SVN and use attached version (pay attention to the
changed commandline!).
Main advantage is that the same customtex can be used for any video as
long as the aspect matches monitor aspect (can be achieved via -vf expand
if needed).
It also means your old customtex will not work (you can get a working
one by creating one for a 1024x1024 video).
Be aware that on your hardware the floating point texture will not be
interpolated, so make customtex accordingly big.
Also, for your other programs where linear interpolation is bad you
should add the "nocustomtlin" suboption.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger