[MPlayer-dev-eng] Seeking beta testers for libnut!

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Fri Jan 27 14:29:29 CET 2006

Well, it works for me. :)

I'm asking everyone to test libnut as much as possible... tell me about
assert failure, crashes, any other weird problems, bad seeks.

Don't bother feeding libnut even slightly broken avi files, it will not
tolerate them.

As for broken NUT files, well, truncated files will work just fine, but
other invalid files probably won't work well. Tell me if it works, don't
bother telling me if it doesn't.

Most importantly, check seeking, seeking should be percise and never result
in a position higher than requested pts.

If you see the error "NUT error: Cannot seek to that position.", when you
made a small seek and the video gets a bunch of mpeg-4 artifacts, don't
bother telling me, it's a bug in mplayer, not in libnut. libnut couldn't
find a keyframe closer to position you requested then the position you are
at right now, so it failed. No way to inform mplayer about a failed seek,
and it craps out the video...

nutmerge accepts avi, ogg vorbis, and nut files...

Please people, test it! Tell me everything! If we don't find any serious
problems, we will finalize NUT spec. (although there is some stuff I want
to finish in spec first)

- ods15