[MPlayer-dev-eng] mingw32 large file support

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Thu Jan 26 16:42:21 CET 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 10:26:53AM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Thursday, 26 January 2006 at 02:12, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've discovered that on mingw32 off_t is always 4 bytes,
>
> Even on 64bit Windows?
>
> > wereas only
> > off64_t delivers 8 bytes, so large file support in MPlayer-mingw32 is
> > totally broken (this mit also apply to some file handling functions,
> > I'll till have to check that).
>
> So... there are two versions of each function? One taking off_t and the
> other off64_t as a parameter?
>
> > Anyone has a good idea how to fix this without
> > rewriting the entire code in MPlayer?
>
> Hm. typedef off64_t off_t? ;)

Attached is all64.h, a header to merge the different 64-bit file APIs on
MinGW, Cygwin, and Linux.  Be sure to include it before any other file.

Also attached is a test app to allow you to quickly test all64 and make
sure it works as expected.  I've tested it on all three platforms.

Is this helpful?

--Joey

--
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law."