[MPlayer-dev-eng] pts and mencoder

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Jan 25 05:47:37 CET 2006

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 02:42:45AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> passing correct timestamps from encoder to muxer, is that really so hard?
> no, iam not interrested in any unrelated philosophical issues that it must
> be with "correct" timebases or how to pass them through the filter chain
> iam just talking about encoder->muxer ...
>
> what about the attached patch (yeah its just outlining the idea it wont
> compile)

I'm strongly in favor of this, HOWEVER, currently the timestamps at
the encoder level are incorrect unless -vf harddup or -mc 0 -noskip is
used. Is there a way we could at the same time make the encoder
process the "duplicate frame" VF control() call so that it can
compensate and correct the timestamp?

Rich