[MPlayer-dev-eng] Wine win32 loader

Gianluigi Tiesi mplayer at netfarm.it
Mon Jan 23 03:54:44 CET 2006

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 11:35:35AM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 08:30:44AM +0100, Gianluigi Tiesi wrote:
> > I was looking at wine/library.h, I think it may possible
> > to use directly win32 library instead of the custom
> > loader (a bit unmaintained, very difficult to maintain).
> [...]
> > What do you think about?
>
> I think it will be a pain to make it work. Also the whole loader code is
> 1.4 MB uncompressed, how much is wine? I'd call that heavy bloat, esp.
> for modem users like me.
>
> Greetings,
> Reimar Döffinger

I mean dynamic linking system wide libwine, the deb package for libwine
is 6mb but it could be optional or even selectable with the included
one. libwine supports exception handler so e.g. avisynth.dll could
work even on linux. Btw just a suggestion I've no idea about
implementing it, there are no docs around to use libwine this way,
but it doesn't seams impossible for me.

Bye

--
Gianluigi Tiesi <sherpya at netfarm.it>