[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPLAYER_VERBOSE environment variable?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Jan 18 21:28:06 CET 2006

Ivan Kalvachev wrote:

> 2006/1/18, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de>:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 01:55:08PM +0200, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:

>>> I don't like it.
>>>
>>> You can always set verbose option in the ~/.mplayer/config file
>>> per user basis or in global config file. You can override it on
>>> invocation basis with command line.
>>
>> Read the rationale for the patch again, you misunderstand.
>
> Yes I did. I have no objections.

Personally, I think it would be cleaner to move the parsing of the
config file (etc.) to before any output is printed - but I can easily
understand how doing that properly could (depending on design) be a
truly Herculean task, and in the likely extensive interim until someone
can be found to do it I also would go along with seeing this patch
applied (barring portability issues).

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.