[MPlayer-dev-eng] Audio/Video Interleaving

Vasudeva, Harish harish.vasudeva at amd.com
Wed Jan 18 20:50:28 CET 2006

Hi,

	Not sure if this is the right place to post this query. If not,
please re-direct me. I have a XviD clip that is very strange in terms of
how the audio & video chunks are interleaved. Normally, a single kind of
chunk would not repeat more than 2 times. In this clip, I see that the
video chunks are packed together for as long as 12 packets, without a
single audio chunk in-between.

	MPlayer handles such clips very well without issues. But, I want
to know how it's able to calculate the audio PTSs (during the period
when we see 12 consecutive video chunks) without even receiving an audio
chunk?

Best Regards,
HARISH V