[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer package for Debian

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Mon Jan 16 00:27:43 CET 2006

Hello.

I was told you were packaging MPlayer for Debian, so I went to your
site and reviewed the package at http://tonelli.sns.it/pub/mplayer/sarge/
It looks pretty sane, no weird patching and overcomplicated build process
like in some other packages.

If you're still interested in maintaining the package, please read on.

We'd be happy to recommend your packages to MPlayer users if you could
make a few additional changes, as outlined in
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/binary-packaging.txt .

You may be forced to disregard some points due to Debian policies, but
don't worry. Make it as close to the guidelines as you can and let me know
either privately or through mplayer-dev-eng (which I'm Cc'ing) and I or
some other MPlayer developer will review it again.

You'd need to bring the package up-to-date, too. While I'm not saying
you must package latest CVS instead of 1.0pre7try2, a recent snapshot
*is* highly recommended.

Thanks in advance,
R.