[MPlayer-dev-eng] [TOOLS] a program to create VCD/SVCD/DVD using MPlayer/MEncoder

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Mon Jan 9 16:41:20 CET 2006

Almost two years ago I started the development of encode2mpeg. At the beginning
the idea was to make encode2mpeg a multifunctional script that would incorporate
in only one script the capability of several others: divx2svcd, dvd2divx,
mencvcd, etc. With the time encode2mpeg become quite big and complex and at some
point I dropped the intention to include it in the mplayer's source. Recently I
had the idea to make a smaller (light) version of encode2mpeg that would make
mpegs using only MPlayer/MEncoder. I take out from encode2mpeg all the features
that would require other tools, being able to drop the files size from 320kB to
77kB. The result is encode2mpeglight. I attached it to this mail for general
review and for inclusion in the TOOLS directory of MPlayer.

Comments welcome.

Giacomo