[MPlayer-dev-eng] Lots of stuff for NUT

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Sat Jan 7 10:24:37 CET 2006

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 11:52:03AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 06:15:33AM +0200, Oded Shimon wrote:
> > >
> > > NO, i agree with a single back_ptr and would abstain if you suggest per stream
> > > but iam against pts per stream
> >
> > Well, what is it about it that bothers you? The overhead? I've already
> > prooved that in high bitrate files, the overhead is irrelavent, and in low
> > bitrate files, the frame headers are most of the overhead anyway. (If you
> > do not agree with my tests please offer a better testing scenario)
>
> i suggest to make per stream pts and back_ptrs optional

You never really answered the question, does the overhead really bother you
that much Michael? I want to make NUT done already. Rich wants keyframe
exact seeking (and I agree), we all want demuxer and muxer simplicity, and
the only solution for this is per stream pts and ptr in every syncpoint.

The overhead is 50 to 70kb for every additional stream for a 700mb file, it
really is not that bad. :/

- ods15