[MPlayer-dev-eng] Lots of stuff for NUT

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Jan 6 21:20:40 CET 2006

Hi

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 01:59:52PM -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
[...]
> > now if the subtitle stream actually does contain non keyframes then you will
> > either have to go with non-interleaving or find a way to find all the
> > non-keyframes, repeating them wont work anymore
>
> Now you're the one making unrealistic examples. :)
>
> It's known that there will never be any low-cost way to seek in the
> presence of multiple streams with inter frames that don't line up at
> same (or nearly same) times. I dont think people will make such files
> since other containers have little hope of handling them well too.

hmm i dont see a problem here at all, subtitles need very little time
to decode, its finding the interleaved inter frames which is the problem

anyway we would simply store the subtitles bziped in a single place,
this is much more compact then spreading them over the file and
it solves all the seeking problems without extra overhead ...
please put flames below this line :)

[...]

--
Michael