[MPlayer-dev-eng] Lots of stuff for NUT [new simplification, lower overhead]

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Fri Jan 6 07:50:40 CET 2006

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 03:22:05PM -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
> OK instead of just flaming I'm going to try to be useful. Here is a
> proposal to reduce the size and complexity of the index:
>
> syncpoint_rel_pos                       v
> keyframe_bitmask                        v
> for (i=0; i<nstreams; i++)
>     if (keyframe_bitmask & (1<<i))
>         stream_pts                      v

syncpoints					v
M						v
for (i=0; i<syncpoints; i++) {
    keyframe_bitmask				v
    for (j=0; j<nstreams; j++) {
        if (keyframe_bitmask & (1<<i)) {
            if (repeat[j]) repeat[j]--
            else {
                A				v
                if (A > M) last_diff[j] = A - M
                else repeat[j] = A
            }
            last_pts[j] += last_diff[j]
            syncpoint[i].stream[j].key_pts = last_pts
        }
    }
}

Even in Vorbis, pts diff's usually come in multiples.

- ods15