[MPlayer-dev-eng] Lots of stuff for NUT

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Jan 4 07:41:51 CET 2006

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 09:34:32PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > 9. add EOR and SOR stream flags
>
> EOR: abstain
> SOR: NO

SOR was my idea. IMHO there's no way you can have any sane sense of
the dts for the first decode_delay frames after a break due to EOR,
unless you have something like SOR to initialize the dts buffer to
something sane (other than -1 -1 ...).

If you want dts to be meaningful rather than just a pointless
numbering, EOR without SOR is quite harmful to that goal..

> > 13. Change "monotone" to MN rule
>
> YES

:))

> > 16. Change goals slightly. :) Although actually with this new index I'm not
> >     sure the index is even under 100kb. This needs checking.
>
> NO, check first how large it is

:)

> 17. remove index repeation possibility
> NO

I'm against index repetition since there's no reliable way to find the
repeated index, and since the index is 100% redundant data anyway. If
the index is missing, index for all the parts of the file that are
intact can be reconstructed easily. Oded's demuxer implementation
auto-builds the full index in memory as part of its binary search
process.

> > Go over the patch, comment on it, I want to commit it, I want your OK's.
>
> IMHO there are too many unrelated change the patch should be split, if
> its not split you can consider my (single) vote to be NO, the reason
> behind that is the cvs policy says to split unrelated things and that
> IMHO should apply here too

Agree!

Rich