[MPlayer-dev-eng] Lots of stuff for NUT

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Jan 3 21:34:32 CET 2006

Hi

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 09:32:06PM +0200, Oded Shimon wrote:
[...]

my votes are below

> The total sum of everything in the patch:
> 1. remove max_index_distance

YES

> 2. remove global_time_base

YES

> 3. re-arrange main header

NO, this has not been disscussed, it maybe a good idea but until i hear
your arguments i wont agree

> 4. add coded_stream_flags

YES and may i suggest to change
stream_flags is "stream_flags[frame_code] | coded_stream_flags"
stream_flags is "stream_flags[frame_code] ^ coded_stream_flags"

> 5. Change index

NO

> 6. fix small bug in info_packets (no get_s())

YES

> 7. per stream back_ptr and pts in syncpoints

NO, i agree with a single back_ptr and would abstain if you suggest per stream
but iam against pts per stream

> 8. rename frame_startcode to syncpoint_startcode

YES

> 9. add EOR and SOR stream flags

EOR: abstain
SOR: NO

> 10. keyframes with back_pts bigger than max_distance must be accompanied by
>     syncpoint

YES

> 11. define function "convert_ts"

YES

> 12. Add "more_codes" frame header flag

u mean more_flags?

> 13. Change "monotone" to MN rule

YES

> 14. max_pts is coded in same way as syncpoint's coded_pts

YES

> 15. Bump draft date :)

YES

> 16. Change goals slightly. :) Although actually with this new index I'm not
>     sure the index is even under 100kb. This needs checking.

NO, check first how large it is

17. remove index repeation possibility
NO

> Go over the patch, comment on it, I want to commit it, I want your OK's.

IMHO there are too many unrelated change the patch should be split, if
its not split you can consider my (single) vote to be NO, the reason
behind that is the cvs policy says to split unrelated things and that
IMHO should apply here too

[...]

--
Michael