[MPlayer-dev-eng] Lots of stuff for NUT

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 3 17:09:13 CET 2006

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 04:07:21PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> and how good is:
>
> syncpoint:
> 	startcode				u(64)
> 	coded_pts				v
> 	stream = coded_pts % stream_count
> 	back_ptr[stream] = back_ptr_div8[0]     v
> 	pts[stream] = coded_pts/stream_count
>         n=1
> 	for (i=0; i<stream_count; i++) {
> 		if (i == stream) continue
> 		coded_pts			v
>                 A= coded_pts % (n+1)
>                 B= coded_pts / (n+1)
>                 if(A == n)
>                     back_ptr_div8[n++]		v
>                 back_ptr[i]= back_ptr_div8[A]
> 		pts[i] = covert_ts(pts[stream], timebase[stream], timebase[i])
>                 pts[i] -= B
> 	}

Damnit! you beat me to it, I was in the middle of a mail suggesting
something similar. :)

My suggestion might be a bit better, it offered also relative back_ptr's
But yours might be better, as the 'n' changes with stream and is not 0
terminated ever. (Combining both is impossible..) Let's see:

1) low bitrate file with 2 subtitles
yours: Syncpoints: 19413 size: 407794
mine:  Syncpoints: 19415 size: 427322

2) low bitrate file with 10 subtitles
yours: Syncpoints: 19445 size: 599933
mine:  Syncpoints: 19443 size: 611125

3) high bitrate file
yours: Syncpoints: 27462 size: 462052
mine:  Syncpoints: 27462 size: 462440

Yours wins, I'm not even gonna bother writing my idea.
So, are we done? Is it official? Shall I make a new patch to the spec?

P.S., we also need a new index for this.. care to do the honors? :)

- ods15