[MPlayer-dev-eng] hooking up TrueSpeech in MPlayer

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Jan 3 14:40:47 CET 2006

Hi,

I was about to commit the following codecs.conf entry along with the
TrueSpeech decoder in FFmpeg yesterday:

audiocodec fftruespeech
  info "FFmpeg TrueSpeech"
  status working
  format 0x22
  driver ffmpeg
  dll "truespeech"

which should be correct AFAICT.  The codec works fine with -demuxer
lavf, but it fails with our native demuxer.  To be a bit more precise,
TrueSpeech in AVI works fine, but the two WAV samples I have play fine
for a second and then get completely garbled.  The longer one recovers
for a second or so after about 30-40 seconds.  This has me puzzled.  Is
this a bug on our side or do I need to add the TrueSpeech fourcc/format
number somewhere in libmpdemux?  Anything else I overlooked?

Diego