[MPlayer-dev-eng] make fails in alpha architecture sub directory

Johann Kant sweetsmoke at no-log.org
Mon Feb 27 19:20:36 CET 2006

Hello
I am compiling mplayer on a alpha ( EV6 CPU )
>From the top level source directory, "make" fails with the following message

In file included from alpha/motion_est_alpha.c:20:
alpha/asm.h:34:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `alpha/dsputil_alpha_asm.c', needed by
`alpha/dsputil_alpha_asm.o'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/mplayer/main/libavcodec'
make: *** [libavcodec/libavcodec.a] Erreur 2

I signaled it to the FFmpeg developpers, they dixed it, now standalone
FFmpeg builds correctly. However if I copy the libavcodec and libavutils
source from FFmpeg into the mplayer source tree, and do make from here I
got the error message above.

Maybe the top level mplayer make file needs to be updated  ?

Johann

PS : apropos, it is possible to get a linux account on alpha box here
http://www.testdrive.hp.com/