[MPlayer-dev-eng] FINALIZE NUT SPEC!!

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Mon Feb 27 15:21:54 CET 2006

On Monday 27 February 2006 15:43, Oded Shimon wrote:

> The big problem I have with just info packets is that there's no way to
> really load them because they can be in any arbitrary location. Like we
> restricted the index being only after main headers and not any arbitrary
> location so demuxers can find it, same with info packets...

You load them when the appear?

I don't remember exactly what I was playing anymore, but after a seek I got
MSGTR_DemuxerInfoAlreadyPresent, so some demuxer (as I said, I don't
remember anymore what format I was playing) already does this.
It's actually probably not sane for demuxer.c to reject this. Imagine streaming
files, with the current metadata for the current playing song getting transmitted
in the stream and changing for each song.