[MPlayer-dev-eng] patch for cpudetect and amigaos4

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sat Feb 25 08:08:35 CET 2006

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 05:52:08PM -0500, Alan Curry wrote:
> Andrea =?iso-8859-1?Q?Palmat=E8?= writes the following:
> >
> >attached there is a patch (that is same of
> >libavcodec) to enable altivec detection with AmigaOS4.
> >Can you test it?
>
> Of course I can't test it since I don't have Amiga, but it looks clean
> enough after getting rid of the return 0 which doesn't belong because:
>   1. this function returns void
>   2. it's too soon to return; the "AltiVec found"/"AltiVec not found" message
>   hasn't been printed yet.

It's great that you review patches, far too few developers do..

Since you're new around here, I'll explain the procedure a bit: If you
think the patch is worth having in CVS, apply it (with the changes you
suggested).  You can also request the patch sender to make the changes
you suggested and apply afterwards.  If you apply a patch you are
expected to fix any breakage it causes.

Diego