[MPlayer-dev-eng] ppc runtime-cpu-detection fails with gcc 3.3

Alan Curry pacman at theworld.com
Thu Feb 23 20:53:35 CET 2006

Jan Paul Schmidt writes the following:

>$gcc -maltivec -mabi=altivec -S -o - gccbug.c | grep stv
>$gcc --version
>gcc (GCC) 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1495)

This makes me worry that my test is broken. 20030304 is 8 months before the
bug was reported and fixed in upstream gcc; how could Apple have fixed it
already?

Maybe their assembly output looks different and grepping "stv" is missing the
target. Could you show me the whole output of
  gcc -maltivec -mabi=altivec -S -o - gccbug.c
It should be under 200 lines... under 50 if the bug is not present.