[MPlayer-dev-eng] ppc runtime-cpu-detection fails with gcc 3.3

Alan Curry pacman at TheWorld.com
Thu Feb 23 11:12:26 CET 2006

Guillaume POIRIER writes the following:

>On 2/23/06, Alan Curry <pacman at theworld.com> wrote:
>> +    if test "$_runtime_cpudetection" = yes -a \
>> +           "$cc_vendor" = "gnu" -a "$_cc_major" = 3 -a "$_cc_minor" = 3; then
>
>Seem good to me. You do restrict the black list to FSF's GCC3.3. :)

Did I do that? I understood $cc_vendor = gnu to be simply a limit to gcc and
derivatives of it with corresponding version numbers, as opposed to something
from, say, Sun or Borland, which would be somewhat less likely to have the
same bugs as gcc, fixed in the same version number.

But on second look, the only two values cc_vendor can be assigned are gnu and
intel, so I may have overestimated the portability of mplayer.