[MPlayer-dev-eng] ppc runtime-cpu-detection fails with gcc 3.3

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 10:24:05 CET 2006

Hi,

On 2/23/06, Alan Curry <pacman at theworld.com> wrote:

[..]

> It looks to me like we should blacklist the combination of ppc,
> runtime-cpu-detect, and gcc 3.3 in configure. Objections? Alternatives?
> Comments?

The idea is good in principle, but: What about Apple's GCC? IIRC, OSX
10.3 has gcc-3.3, and people with that version of OSX are mostly stuck
with this version unless they compile another version themselves or
upgrade to 10.4.

It would be nice to check if Apple's GCC-3.3 suffers from the same bug
or not, and possibly only blacklist FSF's GCC (which mostly means that
the OS is not darwin) or both if they both suck.

... just my 2c.

Guillaume
--
Reinventing the wheel certainly is annoying, but as long as all other
wheels are square...

Reimar Döffinger