[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Another ATSC "a52: CRC check failed" problem

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Tue Feb 21 13:20:18 CET 2006

Trent Piepho wrote:
> If I pipe the output of getatsc to mplayer, so that it gets the full QAM
> channel including PAT/PMT, it does work.  Mplayer's cpu usage is much higher
> than if I just tune a single virtual channel.
>

>> Long time ago, when I first realized that auto-detection can fail,  I
>> forced the
>>

> Here is a question, can auto-detection be made to work (better)?

not without tables: data in pes_private1 streams (id==0xbd) can be
really anything

> I would try,
> but where can I get better documentation on the PES format?  All I find is
> info on the first 6 bytes of the PES header.

search IS13818-2

>> dvb:// code to always include pid 0 (PAT) to the TS and added to the xml
>> doc:
>>

> Is there anyway to automatically add the PMT, after parsing the PAT?  If I use
> the extended channels.conf format and add the PMT, it appears to work.  I still
> get a52 errors, but not nearly so many.

yes, adding  STREAM_CTL. Maybe it's the cleaner way

> I need to have a -cache value of at least a few MB, or mplayer will often
> randomly not work with dvb:// syntax (no video or no audio).  This is to be
> expected?

no. What's important is the value of -tsprobe

 Sponsor:
 I migliori software per tutti i cellulari da Jamba!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=4611&d=21-2