[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: MPlayer-dev-eng Digest, Vol 38, Issue 67

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it
Mon Feb 20 21:57:21 CET 2006

Trent Piepho wrote:

> I get these same two channels, have have the same problems.
>
> I've made available the following files which may help:
>
> http://www.speakeasy.org/~xyzzy/download/C81.ts.bz2
>
> This is a ~3 second capture of QAM channel 81, which carries both KCPQ-DT
> (tsprog 1, vid 33, aid 34, AC3 2.0) and KTWB-DT (tsprog 2, vid 36, aid
> 37, AC3
> 5.1)

this one is the only one with a PAT/PMT pair. When pids are clearly
typified
there's no problem whatsoever: all the payload is fed to the decoder and no
crc error is present.

> http://www.speakeasy.org/~xyzzy/download/KCPQ-DT.ts.bz2
> http://www.speakeasy.org/~xyzzy/download/KTWB-DT.ts.bz2

there's no PAT/PMT.

> These are about ~6 seconds of just the given channel, the de-muxing
> was done
> by the kernel DVB layer.  I don't know if this is hardware of software.

Long time ago, when I first realized that auto-detection can fail,  I
forced the
dvb:// code to always include pid 0 (PAT) to the TS and added to the xml
doc:

[...]
~.mplayer/channels.conf
[...]
<para>
 In your audio and video fields you can use an extended syntax:
 <option>...:pid[+pid]:...</option> (for a maximum of 6 pids each);
 in this case <application>MPlayer</application> will include in the
 stream all the indicated pids, plus pid 0 (that contains the PAT).
 You are encouraged to include in each row the PMT pid for the
 corresponding channel (if you know it).
 Other possible uses are: televideo pid, second audio track, etc.
</para>

How many people read the docs? :)