[MPlayer-dev-eng] new Altivec patches and G3

Alan Curry pacman at TheWorld.com
Mon Feb 20 20:55:58 CET 2006

Tim writes the following:
>VIDEO:  [divx]  480x360  24bpp  15.000 fps  933.5 kbps (114.0 kbyte/s)

>Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
>Selected video codec: [ffodivx] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-4)

>VDec: vo config request - 480 x 360 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)

All of the above indicates that the video is YV12...

>Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...

This indicates that the vo driver doesn't support YV12

>Opening video filter: [scale]
>VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
>Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
>
>SwScaler: BICUBIC scaler, from Planar YV12 to Packed YUY2 using C

And here's the conversion to something the vo does support.

>VO: [macosx] 480x360 => 480x360 Packed YUY2

Checking vo_macosx's query_format function, it indeed supports YUY2 and not
YV12.

>That SwScaler line doesn't exist in the log from the release version.

Does vo_macosx support YV12 in the release version? Checking my old copy of
1.0pre7... wait a minute, does vo_macosx exist in the release version? I
don't see it. You must be using a different vo driver in the release version.

I just did a test involving YV12->YUY2 and it seems to be working. I think
you're experiencing an unrelated macosx bug.