[MPlayer-dev-eng] new Altivec patches and G3

Tim Wojtulewicz timwoj at ieee.org
Mon Feb 20 05:12:15 CET 2006

On Feb 19, 2006, at 8:02 PM, Alan Curry wrote:

> Andrea's bug report probably only applies to --enable-runtime-
> cpudetection

It doesn't crash with that turned on.  I'm not sure what's up with
that.  The only time I can make it crash is when I specify that I
want altivec during configuration.

> OK then, what is the output of
>   sysctl -n hw.vectorunit
> and
>   sysctl -n hw.optional.altivec

The second one returns "second level name optional in
hw.optional.altivec is invalid".  Changing them '= "1"' instead of '-
eq 1' seems to have fixed it.

Then again, I'm also not getting any video at all.  Something about
it trying to scale to a different colorspace than the preferred one.
That's probably a subject for a different thread though.  At least it
isn't crashing.

Tim