[MPlayer-dev-eng] FFmpeg build system integration

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Feb 14 14:25:29 CET 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 03:21:01PM +0200, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> 2006/2/14, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de>:

> > > How about moving common.mak to libavutil ?
> >
> > That would IMO be a hack in FFmpeg to accomodate MPlayer.  We would have
> > to make changes to FFmpeg as well then.  In FFmpeg the root directory is
> > the most natural place for common.mak...
>
> There is yet another problem with the new build system.
> It seems that FFmpeg Makefiles use $(SRC_PATH) that is of course not
> set by MPlayer configure.
> The problem is that libpostprocess cannot find the common.mak even if
> it is in mplayer main/

I know.

> Anyway, DonDiego, you are honored by 10l cola per day for deliberately
> breaking MPlayer CVS.

WTF?  Please spare me your lame jokes.  First off, it was Mans that
created and committed the patch.  Second, I won't reject a patch that
shaves more than 150 duplicate lines from the FFmpeg build system on the
grounds that it (temporarily) breaks MPlayer.  Yes, both projects are
intimately related, but decisions are still made independently.

Diego