[MPlayer-dev-eng] crosscompiling status

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Fri Feb 10 19:44:15 CET 2006

Hi folks,

I'm curious about the current status of cross compiling ability.
(there were some discussions several weeks/month ago)

I've made some patches to make a sysroot'ed cross-build running.
They're not very up-to-date, tested against 1.0.5.0 and 1.0.6.1
(currently checking against 1.0.7.2).

Maybe someone likes to have a look at them:

    rsync://sources.metux.de/metux-patches/mplayer/

There's at least one big problem to solve:

+ ./configure (tries to) detect the cputype (ie. by looking at /proc).
  This is obviously wrong when crosscompiling - we need some way
  to pass the cputype manually.

cu
--
"*Who am I*? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrei and Sophie
  Ivanova. I am the right hand of vengeance, and the boot that is going