[MPlayer-dev-eng] Patches for NUT

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Feb 7 21:36:26 CET 2006

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 06:53:45PM +0200, Oded Shimon wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 01:48:25PM +0200, Oded Shimon wrote:
> > [...]
>
> Just noting - committed limitation allowing EOR to be set only in non
> delayed streams. Actually, allowing it to be UNset only for non delayed
> streams, because delayed streams can still have a single EOR and end of
> file indicating length of last frame.
>
> I think we were all in agreement on this?

Seems reasonable to me. What about also requiring it not to be "unset"
in audio or video? I think if we're going to support these sorts of
'gaps' we should make it clear that it's only as a way of supporting
noncontinuous types of data (like subtitles) in an interleaved-stream
friendly way, and not for evil things like QuickTime does with audio
and video..

Rich