[MPlayer-dev-eng] Vidix driver for FX5500

Pascal Yu yu_pascal at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 7 17:59:33 CET 2006

Hi All,

Just subscribed to this mplayer developer list. I'm using mplayer inside
GEEXBOX.
As Khyron, geexbox developer, suggested I should check the list here for a
possible patch.(not asking for a patch)

I recently switched to a FX5500 256M card for its SVideo out and possible
vidix driver, later found vidix driver doesn't work for this card, only
vesa. But the PIII CPU inside the box is not so powerful.

Did few changed for nvidia_vid.c and pci.db enabled it to recgonize FX5500,
also 256M instead of 128M plus some memory alignment. Added several lines to
video filter expand, finished the last two features mentioned in mplayer Doc
but missing from its source support, aspect and roundup. This is also a work
around fix for some diagonally lines show in some media that I played, I
think this issue could be common for NV30 architech or NV34 or NV34B, which
my card is.

Should I send the modification I made, eveyone interested?

Thanks,

Pascal