[MPlayer-dev-eng] Patches for NUT

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 7 12:48:25 CET 2006

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 12:04:07PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 06:04:11AM +0200, Oded Shimon wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 03:39:23PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > > yep, wanted to comment on that anyway ...
> > > adler isnt the best checksum around, but its fast and simple
> > > the adler checksum is made of 2 parts s1 and s2
> > >
> > > [...]
> >
> > So, in conclusion.... ?? What should we do? Add adler32 for the syncpoint?
> > Something else?
>
> maybe switch to crc32 everywhere, iam not sure

I hate the LUT spam of crc32. Although it is ofcourse easy to implement...

I'm not so paranoid about error detection and this stuff, Adler is good
enough for me. We can use a funky 24 bit adler for the syncpoint checksum,
10 bits for s1, 14 bits for s2. Really not hard to implement and not a big
complication to spec IMO.

- ods15