[MPlayer-dev-eng] altivec patch 0/5

Alan Curry pacman at world.std.com
Tue Feb 7 11:21:43 CET 2006

Since my first attempt didn't go well, I'm starting over with my series of
altivec patches.

These are fixes for bugs mainly affecting altivec_yuv2packedX(). This
function is used only when a more specific optimized converter is not
available, so the symptoms may not be noticed under normal circumstances. To
see the bugginess, try playing a YVU9 video with an altivec-enabled mplayer,
or play a YV12 video and resize it with -vf scale. Either way, you need to be
using a non-YUV-capable output device like -vo fbdev.

These are the patches, soon to arrive separately:

altivec patch 1/5: missing vec_splat in vec_clip macro
altivec patch 2/5: wrong array boundaries
altivec patch 3/5: 16 byte alignment
altivec patch 4/5: RGB/BGR confusion
altivec patch 5/5: don't output the wrong format