[MPlayer-dev-eng] Patches for NUT

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Fri Feb 3 07:58:51 CET 2006

eor in index, 01-eor-index.patch

accurate compare_ts, 02-compare_ts.patch

remove 2^n header restriction, 03-header-repeat.patch .

index repetition, 04-index-repeat.patch

Regarding error recovery michael suggested, checksum for frame header etc.
I dislike it, it complicates binary search when looking for startcodes.
Rich already proposed a solution to prevent loosing the entire file - if
you see a frame with abnormally high size immediately after a syncpoint,
while reading the frame (which you have to anyway), linear search entire
area for possible syncpoint. The worst that will happen is that you'll skip
the entire damaged area in that single frame, and that's actually a good
thing...

Anything else... can I commit these?

BTW, when making patch 04, I realized a mistake in the main loop and
fixed that too... ('if (!eof)')

- ods15