[MPlayer-dev-eng] Potential source of A-V sync issues

Matthias Hopf mat at mshopf.de
Wed Feb 1 00:51:34 CET 2006

Hi all,

I'm currently rewriting part of the mencoder main loop as I get a whole
bunch of skipped + duplicated frames (typically leveling out) when
encoding some TCed material (transport streams) to avis. I'm already
testing an early patch, that works very well for me, but I really have
to rewrite it (it was only a hack so far).

While analyzing the code, I noticed, that skip_flag is initialized with
0 at the begining of the while (!at_eof) - but as only one frame can be
skipped at a time, skip_flag might still be positive (but not
negative!). The following patch moves the definition of skip_flag
outside the main loop, but I haven't really tested it.

Please ignore the v_jitter_sum variable in the patch - it is a leftover
from my current work. The lines numbers won't match exactly as well.

Your comments?

Matthias

For the record: I haven't contributed to mplayer so far, I'm working on
Xorg for SUSE, and I contributed to xine in the past. More info upon
request :)

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>       __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg    (_   | |  (_   |__         mat at mshopf.de