[MPlayer-dev-eng] .TiVo file support (fwd)

Jeremy Drake mplayer at jdrake.com
Sun Dec 17 01:13:57 CET 2006

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006, Nico Sabbi wrote:

> Jeremy Drake wrote:
>
> I'll reject code that meddles with structures that it shouldn't touch.
> new_demux_packet() already initializes everything as it should

As long as it is defined behavior (Ie, not going to change out from under
me) that's fine.

> > I would appreciate any suggestions for seek functionality and for getting
> > the progress bar correctly knowing how far into the file I am.
> before every call to ds_add_packet() assign:
> demuxer->filepos=stream_tell(demuxer->stream);

That's what I thought dp->pos was for, I had a feeling this had to happen
somewhere ;)  Thanks, I'll add that right now...  Should this be equal to
the position of the beginning of the packet, or the end of it?  If done as
you say (just before ds_add_packet) it would be the end.

> today I've been busy with the output stream patch; tomorrow I'll look into
> this seeking issue

Thanks.  I don't mean to be pushy or anything, I just wanted to know if it
was something I should try to implement or if some code above me was
supposed to do this.  I look forward to getting the pieces together for
this...

--
More than any time in history, mankind now faces a crossroads.  One
path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total