[MPlayer-dev-eng] Latest SVN (r21611) not compiling under OS X (PPC & Intel)

Robert Swain robert.swain at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 17:20:40 CET 2006

On 14/12/06, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/14/06, Mohammad A. Haque <mhaque at haque.net> wrote:
> > Anyone else having the following error compiling under OS X (both PPC
> > and Intel): (straight ./configure and configure.log attached)
> >
> > cc -o mencoder mencoder.o mp_msg-mencoder.o asxparser.o codec-cfg.o
> > cpudetect.o edl.o find_sub.o m_config.o m_option.o m_struct.o parser-
> > cfg.o playtree.o playtreeparser.o spudec.o sub_cc.o subreader.o
> > vobsub.o unrarlib.o parser-mecmd.o xvid_vbr.o libmpcodecs/
> > libmpencoders.a libmpdemux/libmpmux.a libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a libaf/
> > libaf.a libmpdemux/libmpdemux.a stream/stream.a libswscale/
> > libswscale.a libvo/libosd.a libavformat/libavformat.a libavcodec/
> > libavcodec.a libavutil/libavutil.a libpostproc/libpostproc.a loader/
> > libloader.a mp3lib/libMP3.a liba52/liba52.a libmpeg2/libmpeg2.a
> > libfaad2/libfaad2.a tremor/libvorbisidec.a dvdread/libdvdread.a
> > libdvdcss/libdvdcss.a osdep/libosdep.a  -L/usr/local/lib -liconv -
> > lncurses -framework Carbon -framework QuickTime -framework CoreAudio -
> > framework AudioUnit -framework AudioToolbox -framework Cocoa -
> > framework QuartzCore -framework OpenGL -framework IOKit -L/usr/X11R6/
> > lib -lfreetype -lfontconfig  -lz      -lm
> > /usr/bin/ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _LoadResource
> > loader/libloader.a(resource.o) definition of _LoadResource in section
> > (__TEXT,__text)
> > /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/
> > Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore
> > (ProjectBuilderMasterObjectFile.o) definition of _LoadResource
> > /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
> > _XCloseDisplay
> > _XDefaultScreen
> > _XGetImage
> > _XOpenDisplay
> > _XQueryPointer
> > _XShmAttach
> > _XShmCreateImage
> > _XShmDetach
> > _XShmGetImage
> > _XShmQueryExtension
> > __XFlush
> > __XReadPad
> > __XReply

Yep, I'm getting this because of the x11grab stuff.

> Does this patch fix your problem?:
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2006-December/048191.html

Apparently the x11grab stuff should be disabled anyway as it can't be
used but it is possible to compile it. I had to add /usr/X11R6/lib to
the extra libs dir and similar for the include and then -lX11 -lXext
to extra libs for the linker flags. Then it compiles fine. It's a
shame Diego's not here to fix this... :)

Rob