[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Problem with compiling mplayer on Mac OS X 10.3.9

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 19:52:08 CET 2006

Hi,

On 12/11/06, Ergzay <ergzay at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2006/12/11, at 5:53, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 12/11/06, Guillaume Poirier <gpoirier at mplayerhq.hu> wrote:

> > Should be fixed
>
> Fixed

Great! :-)

> but have a further problem with dvdnav.
> If I compile with default configure options I get:
>
> cc -o mplayer mplayer.o m_property.o mp_msg.o asxparser.o codec-cfg.o
> cpudetect.o edl.o find_sub.o m_config.o m_option.o m_struct.o
> parser-cfg.o playtree.o playtreeparser.o spudec.o sub_cc.o subreader.o
> vobsub.o unrarlib.o mixer.o parser-mpcmd.o subopt-helper.o
> libvo/libvo.a libao2/libao2.a input/libinput.a
> libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a libaf/libaf.a libmpdemux/libmpdemux.a
> stream/stream.a libswscale/libswscale.a libvo/libosd.a
> libavformat/libavformat.a libavcodec/libavcodec.a libavutil/libavutil.a
> libpostproc/libpostproc.a mp3lib/libMP3.a liba52/liba52.a
> libmpeg2/libmpeg2.a libfaad2/libfaad2.a tremor/libvorbisidec.a
> libass/libass.a osdep/libosdep.a -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXext -lX11   -lXv
> -lXinerama -lXxf86vm -laa -L/usr/local/lib -lcaca -lX11
> -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lncurses -lncurses -L/usr/local/lib -lSDLmain -lSDL
> -framework Cocoa -framework OpenGL -framework OpenAL -lx264
> -L/usr/local/lib -liconv -lncurses -framework Carbon -framework
> QuickTime -framework CoreAudio -framework AudioUnit -framework
> AudioToolbox -framework Cocoa -framework QuartzCore -framework OpenGL
> -lpng -lz -L/usr/local/lib -ldvdnav -lpthread -L/usr/local/lib
> -lfreetype -lz -lfontconfig  -lz -lxvidcore -lm      -lm
> ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _aa_render
> /usr/local/lib/libaa.a(aarender.o) definition of _aa_render in section
> (__TEXT,__text)
> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/
> Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/
> CoreGraphics(product_link.o) definition of _aa_render
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _UDFFindFile
> _FT_Glyph_Stroke
> _FT_Stroker_Done
> _FT_Stroker_New
> _FT_Stroker_Set
> _FT_GlyphSlot_Oblique
> make: *** [mplayer] Error 1

That's an issue with freetype and dvdnav. I managed to get rid of the
freetype issue by de-installing Apple's Freetype pkg, to make MPlayer
use macports' instead.

Regarding the dvdnav issue, please dig the mailing list(s), sci-fi has
contributed a work-around (untested by me).

Guillaume

--
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing
which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations