[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Problem with compiling mplayer on Mac OS X 10.3.9

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 10:21:02 CET 2006

Hi,

On 12/11/06, Reimar Doeffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> > > Isn't Xcode 2.0 only available for Mac OS X 10.4? I'm using 10.3.9.
> > > If it is then where would I find it?
> >
> > Crap, you're right. I honestly thought that Xcode as available to at
> > least 10.3.x and 10.4.x, that's why I didn't fix it before committing
> > it. Crap-Crap-Crap-Crap-Crap-Crap!
>
> Yeah, that's the kind of stuff that happens all the time to people who
> insist on using proprietary software...
> *SCNR*

In a certain way, some Unix or Linux aren't that better: if you are
using debian stable, you're stuck with gcc3 too, even though you can
compile and install your own gcc4 if you like (both if you are an OSX
10.3 or debian stable user).

So IMHO it's not because a solution is completely free of proprietary
software that you aren't somewhat restricted to a certain subset of
softwares...

... but this is getting slightly off topic...

Guillaume
--
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing
which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations