[MPlayer-dev-eng] .TiVo file support

Jeremy Drake mplayer at jdrake.com
Mon Dec 11 07:20:23 CET 2006

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006, Nico Sabbi wrote:

> if the output of your processing is a valid mpeg-[pt]s file than writing a
> linked demuxer is the only sane way to proceed.
> It's quite easy:
> in the open() function, after having assigned demuxer->video->id appropriately
> (depending on your code), add this block
>

> {
>     extern int audio_id, video_id, dvdsub_id;
>     stream_t* s = new_ds_stream(demuxer->video);
>     demuxer_t* od = demux_open(s, DEMUXER_TYPE_UNKNOWN,
>                                audio_id, video_id, dvdsub_id, NULL);
>     demuxer = new_demuxers_demuxer(od, od, od);
>   }
>
> and in the fill_buffer() function you just have to add the newly
> created demux_packet() to demuxer->video with
> ds_add_packet(demuxer->video, dp);
>
> In this manner you pass real mpeg packets (audio and/or video)
> to demuxer->video; you don't have to worry to initialize demuxer->audio in
> your code.

This sounds like what I need.  Thanks.  Do you think you can point me at
some code that already does something like this?  This will be my first
attempt at anything in mplayer, so I don't know the first thing about
finding my way in that codebase.  Any pointers on where to start would be
much appreciated.

> Remains to be decided if the existing demux_ty.c can be extended
> to handle your streams (if not why?)

I don't know anything about the .ty format, except that it was for hacked
Series1 TiVos.  Does this source file implement the kind of thing you
described above?

Thanks

--
Noncombatant, n.: