[MPlayer-dev-eng] bug - Window title icons are broken

Jean-Philippe Guillemin jp.guillemin at free.fr
Thu Dec 7 11:48:58 CET 2006

Hi,

There is a bug in Mplayer GUI (aka gmplayer) : window title bar icons don't work
when the GUI is first started. Window title bar icons are OK when I select
another windowed skin in the skin browser.

I took a look in the code and found that Gmplayer doesn't uses
gtk_window_set_icon_name(), instead it uses the (old) XPM embeded bitmap thing.

I was able to modify the GTK code to use gtk_window_set_icon_name() with all
windows, except for the main skined window, so maybe the actual (XPM) solution
is the right one, but it's broken.

This bug was confirmed by several Zenwalk Linux users, on both XFCE, KDE, and
Gnome.

Workaround : select another skin in skin browser.
Possible solution : use GTK2 API to fetch an SVG icon from icon theme or Hicolor
and put an Mplayer SVG window icon in $PREFIX/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/
(PNG can also be used, of course)

I'm trying to make mplayer the main Media Player for Zenwalk Linux (will replace
XIne) and this bug is very annoying.

Thanks

JP

--